where are you located?
when did you launch backup plan candles?
we went facebook official in may 2022
can I buy your candles in person, or just online?
we offer local pickup options if you're in Chicago—message us for additional details. you can also find our candles on the shelves of FourSided in Andersonville!
do you use 100% soy wax, or is it a blend?
100% soy wax
why soy wax?
soy wax is the best, babyyyyy! here's why:
- soy wax is derived from a vegetable (soy beans). most household candles are made with paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum (a refined gasoline product).
- soy wax is a natural, renewable resource.
- soy wax is biodegradable and cleans up with soap and warm water, meaning no more stains on your floors if you have a spill.
- soy wax has a lower melting point than paraffin wax so your candles will burn for a longer period of time.
- soy wax burns with zero petro soot, creating soot-free candles.
how is soy wax made?
soy wax is a vegetable wax derived from soybean oil. after soybeans are harvested they are cleaned, de-hulled, cracked, and rolled into flecks. oil is then extracted from these flecks and hydrogenated. in the process, unsaturated fatty acids present in the oil are saturated, therefore they drastically altering the oil's melting point. it then solidifies at room temperature, and that's how we get soy wax.
why does my soy candle look bumpy after burning?
the bumps/rough surface after burning are a trademark of pure soy and demonstrates that no add-ins are present. this does not impact how the candle burns.
how long before my order ships?
orders are usually shipped within 1-3 business days following placement. please allow for extra time during holiday seasons.
do you offer wholesale?
yes, we do! To inquire about wholesale, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you asap. you can also fill out the wholesale form here: https://tr.ee/DfTQgQJbaE